From Red Hat’s webpage, the performance-based Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam (EX200) tests your knowledge in areas of system administration common across a wide range of environments and deployment scenarios. The skills tested in this exam are the foundation for system administration across all Red Hat® products.
On the other hand, a Red Hat® Certified Engineer (RHCE®) is a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) who is ready to automate Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® tasks, integrate Red Hat emerging technologies, and apply automation for efficiency and innovation (https://www.redhat.com).
This article provides some of the prominent guides that will aid you in your pursuit to hack RHCSA/RHCE certification. Let’s get to work.
1. RHCSA Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 (UPDATED): Training and Exam Preparation Guide (EX200), Second Edition
This book provides in-depth coverage of the latest RHCSA EX200 exam objectives that include Shell Scripting and Containers. The most definitive guide available on the subject, this book explains concepts, analyzes configuration files, describes command outputs, shows step-by-step procedures (includes screenshots of actual commands executed and outputs they produced), and challenges the readers’ comprehension of the concepts and procedures by presenting plenty of additional labs and sample realistic exam tasks to perform on their own.
Each chapter highlights the major topics and relevant exam objectives at the beginning and ends with several review questions & answers and Do-It-Yourself challenge labs. Throughout the book, figures, tables, screen shots, examples, notes, and exam tips are furnished to support explanation and exam preparation. This book includes four sample RHCSA exams that are expected to be performed using the knowledge and skills attained from reading the material, following the exercises, and completing the challenge labs. The labs and the sample exams include hints to relevant topics and/or exercises.
RHCSA Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 (UPDATED): Training and Exam Preparation Guide (EX200), Second Edition
$34.80 in stock
5 used from $35.41
2. RHCSA/RHCE Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 Certification Study Guide, Eighth Edition (Exams EX200 & EX294)
This comprehensive self-study guide clearly explains what you need to know―and gets you fully prepared―for the RHCSA and RHCE certification exams. Written by a pair of Linux certification experts and experienced authors, this new edition has been thoroughly revised for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 and provides complete coverage of all exam objectives.
RHCSA/RHCE Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 Certification Study Guide, Eighth Edition (Exams EX200 & EX294) is an integrated study system based on proven pedagogy. Each chapter includes step-by-step exercises, special “Exam Watch” and “On the Job” sidebars, “Two-Minute Drills,” self-tests, and hands-on lab questions. The companion website contains searchable glossaries, downloadable virtual machine files, four complete lab-based practice exams (two for each exam), and 100+ lab-based exercises with answers and explanations.
- Features 100+ lab-based exercises with answers and in-depth explanations
- Online content includes four complete lab-based practice exams―two for RHSCA and two for RHCE
- Written by a pair of Linux certification experts
3. Red Hat RHCSA 8 Cert Guide / Red Hat RHCE 8 (EX294) Cert Guide
The book presents you with an organized test preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques. Exam topic lists make referencing easy. Chapter-ending Exam Preparation Tasks help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly. Review questions help you assess your knowledge, and a final preparation chapter guides you through tools and resources to help you craft your final study plan. The end of chapter labs are an essential part of learning each topic and cover each chapter’s key concepts so you can test yourself and put your knowledge to work.
The study guide helps you master all the topics on the RHCE 8 exam, including
* Understanding configuration management
* Installing Ansible and setting up managed environments
* Using ad hoc commands
* Getting started with playbooks
* Working with variables and facts
* Using task control
* Deploying files
* Using Ansible roles
* Using Ansible in large environments
* Troubleshooting Ansible
* Managing software with Ansible
* Managing users, processes, tasks, and storage
Red Hat RHCSA 8 Cert Guide: EX200 (Certification Guide)
4. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 Essentials: Learn to install, administer and deploy RHEL 8 systems
RHEL 8 Essentials is designed to provide detailed information on the installation, use and administration of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 distribution. For beginners, the book covers topics such as operating system installation, the basics of the GNOME desktop environment, configuring email and web servers and installing packages and system updates using App Streams. Additional installation topics such as dual booting with Microsoft Windows are also covered, together with all important security topics such as configuring a firewall and user and group administration.
For the experienced user, topics such as remote desktop access, the Cockpit web interface, logical volume management (LVM), disk partitioning, swap management, KVM virtualization, Secure Shell (SSH), Linux Containers and file sharing using both Samba and NFS are covered in detail to provide a thorough overview of this enterprise class operating system.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 Essentials: Learn to install, administer and deploy RHEL 8 systems
$34.75 in stock
4 used from $41.52
4. RHCSA/RHCE Red Hat Linux Certification Study Guide (Exams EX200 & EX300), 7th Edition (Certification Press) 6th Edition
Red Hat Linux Certification can never be challenging anymore when armed with RHCSA/RHCE Red Hat Linux Certification Study Guide by Michael Jang. With hundreds of review questions and complete coverage of performance-based requirements, this guide covers what you need to know and shows you how to prepare for your exams. It comes with a companion CD-ROM with Complete lab-based exam preparation, RHCSA and RHCE Glossary and a PDF copy of the book for studying on the go.
This resource is complete with the following topics therein:
- Virtual Machines and Automated Installations
- Fundamental Command Line Skills
- RHCSA-Level Security Options
- The Boot Process
- Linux Filesystem Administration
- Package Management
- User Administration
- RHCSA-Level System Administration
- RHCE Security
- System Services and SELinux
- RHCE Administration
- Mail Servers
- File Sharing
- DNS, FTP, and Logging
In addition to those, you also get to enjoy the following from the resourceful wells of the guide:
- 100% complete coverage of all official objectives for Exams EX200 and EX300
- Exam Readiness Checklist–you’re ready for the exam when all objectives on the list are checked off
- Inside the Exam sections in every chapter highlight key exam topics covered
- Two-Minute Drills for a quick review
- 100+ lab questions–two full lab-based RHCSA exams and two full lab-based RHCE exams–match the format, tone, topics, and difficulty of the real exam.
Get it from Amazon by clicking o the link below:
RHCSA/RHCE Red Hat Linux Certification Study Guide, Seventh Edition (Exams EX200 & EX300) (RHCSA/RHCE Red Hat Enterprise Linux Certification Study Guide)
$53.34 in stock
32 used from $11.40
5. Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Cookbook
With over 20 years of experience in the IT industry in various positions and supporting several environments, William Leemans has authored this cookbook to share what he has learned so that you may have what you need to prepare for your certification.
This practical Cookbook guide will help you get to grips with RHEL 7 Server and automating its installation. Designed to provide targeted assistance through hands-on recipe guidance, it will introduce you to everything you need to know about KVM guests and deploying multiple standardized RHEL systems effortlessly.
Get practical reference advice that will make complex networks setups look like child’s play, and dive into in-depth coverage of configuring a RHEL system. Also including full recipe coverage of how to set up, configuring, and troubleshoot SELinux, you’ll also discover how secure your operating system, as well as how to monitor it.
You will not only come out with the knowledge you need but you will be well prepared with skills that will make you a ninja in the RHEL space.
These are what you will get to glean from the book:
- Set up and configure RHEL 7 Server
- Use NetworkManager to configure all aspects of your network
- Manage virtual environments using libvirt
- Set up software repositories
- Secure and monitor your RHEL environment
- Configure SELinux, and create and apply its policies
- Create kickstart scripts to automatically deploy RHEL 7 systems
- Use Orchestration and configuration management tools to manage your environment
More about this guide can be found at Amazon on this link:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Cookbook
4 used from $44.49
RHCSA / RHCE certification can really adorn your skill set and give you opportunities that you had only imagined. With the right attitude, diligence and the condiment of a good resource, you will be on your way to gaining this credential. We hope that the guides listed will get you started and steer you till the end of your study. Thank you for reading through. Have a look at other guides and articles below.