From Red Hat’s webpage, the performance-based Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam (EX200) tests your knowledge in areas of system administration common across a wide range of environments and deployment scenarios. The skills tested in this exam are the foundation for system administration across all Red Hat® products.
On the other hand, a Red Hat® Certified Engineer (RHCE®) is a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) who is ready to automate Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® tasks, integrate Red Hat emerging technologies, and apply automation for efficiency and innovation (https://www.redhat.com).
This article provides some of the prominent guides that will aid you in your pursuit to hack RHCSA/RHCE certification. Let’s get to work.
RHCSA/RHCE Red Hat Linux Certification Practice Exams with Virtual Machines, Second Edition (Exams EX200 & EX300)
This book is updated with for the challenging practice exams and features 100+ hands-on labs and three virtual machines that prepare you for the latest performance-based Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) and Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exams.
Designed to simulate Red Hat’s performance-based exams, RHCSA/RHCE Red Hat Linux Certification Practice Exams with Virtual Machines, Second Edition features 100+ practice labs that task you to perform assignments on a live system. The book comes complete with three virtual machines preloaded with all of the labs and practice exams. Each lab is accompanied by an in depth answer explanation.
The organization of the book follows that of RHCSA/RHCE Red Hat Linux Certification Study Guide, Seventh Edition allowing you to focus on specific topics and tailor your study based on your areas of expertise and weakness. This revised edition provides updated and complete coverage of all official exam objectives for the new exams. Four complete practice exams are included, two for each exam, which can be used as the final step in exam preparation or as measurements of progress.
- Complete with three fully configured virtual machines which allow you to take the labs without having to first set up your environment to meet the exam specifications
- 100+ hands-on labs and four complete practice exams―two for RHSCA and two for RHCE
- Practical companion to the new edition of the bestselling RHCSA/RHCE Red Hat Linux Certification Study Guide
Buy from Amazon on the link below:
Red Hat RHCSA/RHCE 7 Cert Guide: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (EX200 and EX300) 1st Edition
For RHEL 8, check:
Best-selling author and top Linux consultant Sander van Vugt have prepared this book with the passion it deserves to help you celebrate your flying colors once you pass your Red Hat RHCSA/RHCE 7. This study guide helps you master topics on both the Red Hat RHCSA (EX200) and RHCE (EX300) exams for Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version 7.
Preparation hints and test-taking tips in the guide will help you identify areas of weakness to improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. With all that together with proven study features, you will be ready to succeed on the exam the first time.
Covering both RHCSA and RHCE, this complete package has the following to offer:
- A test-preparation routine proven to help you pass Red Hat’s tough certification exams
- Clearly defined chapter learning objectives covering all RHCSA (EX200) and RHCE (EX300) exam topics
- Chapter-ending review questions to help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly
- Chapter-ending labs showing what real exam tasks and assignments look like
- 4 Practice Exams that appear in the book and also on the companion website and DVD (2 RHCSA and 2 RHCE), so you can thoroughly test your skills before taking your actual exams
- More than 40 Interactive Hands-on Exercises and 40 Interactive Quizzes to help you immediately test and reinforce your knowledge
- 4 advanced Command-Line Interface simulations (2 RHCSA and 2 RHCE) walking you through realistic, complex, multi-step Red Hat scenarios
- Interactive Glossary Quiz on the companion website and DVD allowing you to test yourself on every glossary term covered in the book
- 2½+ hours of video training: 30 minutes of unique test-prep videos plus more than 2 hours of instruction from the best-selling RHCSA and RHCE Complete Video Course series
- 3 Virtual Machines on the companion website and DVD giving you easy access to a reliable environment for working through this book’s labs and exercises
- A final preparation chapter, which guides you through tools and resources to help you craft your review and test-taking strategies
- Two Theoretical Pre-Assessment Exams (one RHCSA and one RHCE) so you can assess your skills and determine the best study path
- An Exam Essentials appendix that quickly recaps all major chapter topics for easy reference, found on both the companion website and DVD
- Study plan suggestions and templates to help you organize and optimize your study time
More about this guide can be found at Amazon on this link: Red Hat RHCSA/RHCE 7 Cert Guide
RHCSA & RHCE Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7: Training and Exam Preparation Guide (EX200 and EX300), Third Edition 3rd Edition
RHCSA & RHCE Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 addresses four major learning objectives: 1) a self-study exam preparation guide, 2) an in-class training manual, 3) an on-the-job reference, and 4) an easy-to-understand guide for novice and non-Linux administrators.
Asghar Ghori, who is a seasoned UNIX/Linux consultant, trainer, and author has attempted to explain the concepts in an easy-to-understand manner supported by step-by-step instructions on how to perform tasks and implement services. The major emphasis of this resource is more on the practical aspect to align readers/learners with the nature of the Red Hat exams as well as the other learning objectives.
At a glance, the following describes the guide’s contents:
- Updated to the latest version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Updated to cover ALL official exam objectives for the RHCSA and RHCE exams based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Equally good for self-study and in-class training
- Step-by-step exercises to accomplish tasks
- Do-It-Yourself challenge labs at the end of each chapter
- Concepts explained with diagrams
- Commands and options summarized in tables
- Exam tips included > FOUR scenario-based sample exams (TWO for RHCSA and TWO for RHCE)
- TWENTY-FIVE chapters (THIRTEEN for RHCSA and TWELVE for RHCE)
- Separate sections on RHCSA and RHCE
Check out more about this resource at Amazon on this link: RHCSA & RHCE Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
RHCSA/RHCE Red Hat Linux Certification Study Guide (Exams EX200 & EX300), 7th Edition (Certification Press) 6th Edition
Red Hat Linux Certification can never be challenging anymore when armed with RHCSA/RHCE Red Hat Linux Certification Study Guide by Michael Jang. With hundreds of review questions and complete coverage of performance-based requirements, this guide covers what you need to know and shows you how to prepare for your exams. It comes with a companion CD-ROM with Complete lab-based exam preparation, RHCSA and RHCE Glossary and a PDF copy of the book for studying on the go.
This resource is complete with the following topics therein:
- Virtual Machines and Automated Installations
- Fundamental Command Line Skills
- RHCSA-Level Security Options
- The Boot Process
- Linux Filesystem Administration
- Package Management
- User Administration
- RHCSA-Level System Administration
- RHCE Security
- System Services and SELinux
- RHCE Administration
- Mail Servers
- File Sharing
- DNS, FTP, and Logging
In addition to those, you also get to enjoy the following from the resourceful wells of the guide:
- 100% complete coverage of all official objectives for Exams EX200 and EX300
- Exam Readiness Checklist–you’re ready for the exam when all objectives on the list are checked off
- Inside the Exam sections in every chapter highlight key exam topics covered
- Two-Minute Drills for a quick review
- 100+ lab questions–two full lab-based RHCSA exams and two full lab-based RHCE exams–match the format, tone, topics, and difficulty of the real exam.
Get it from Amazon by clicking o the link below:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Cookbook
With over 20 years of experience in the IT industry in various positions and supporting several environments, William Leemans has authored this cookbook to share what he has learned so that you may have what you need to prepare for your certification.
This practical Cookbook guide will help you get to grips with RHEL 7 Server and automating its installation. Designed to provide targeted assistance through hands-on recipe guidance, it will introduce you to everything you need to know about KVM guests and deploying multiple standardized RHEL systems effortlessly.
Get practical reference advice that will make complex networks setups look like child’s play, and dive into in-depth coverage of configuring a RHEL system. Also including full recipe coverage of how to set up, configuring, and troubleshoot SELinux, you’ll also discover how secure your operating system, as well as how to monitor it.
You will not only come out with the knowledge you need but you will be well prepared with skills that will make you a ninja in the RHEL space.
These are what you will get to glean from the book:
- Set up and configure RHEL 7 Server
- Use NetworkManager to configure all aspects of your network
- Manage virtual environments using libvirt
- Set up software repositories
- Secure and monitor your RHEL environment
- Configure SELinux, and create and apply its policies
- Create kickstart scripts to automatically deploy RHEL 7 systems
- Use Orchestration and configuration management tools to manage your environment
More about this guide can be found at Amazon on this link:
RHCSA / RHCE certification can really adorn your skill set and give you opportunities that you had only imagined. With the right attitude, diligence and the condiment of a good resource, you will be on your way to gaining this credential. We hope that the guides listed will get you started and steer you till the end of your study. Thank you for reading through. Have a look at other guides and articles below.