How can I install Vivaldi Web Browser on Linux Mint / Kali Linux. Vivaldi is free to use cross-platform web browser developed by Vivaldi Technologies. This web browser is created to give its users a customized browsing experience. In this guide, I’ll cover the simple steps used to install Vivaldi Web Browser on Linux Mint / Kali Linux.
These are the key features of Vivaldi web browser.
- Tab Management – Unique features give you full control of how you group and display browser tabs.
- Customization – You can tweak and tune every part of the browser to create your own unique experience.
- User Interface – An adaptive interface lets you adjust the position, size, and appearance of the browser’s UI elements.
- Navigation – Get to where you’re going faster with fully configurable Search options, custom shortcuts and a Bookmark manager fit for power users.
- Mouse & Keyboard – You have the choice to use custom Keyboard Shortcuts, Mouse Gestures or the command line control of Quick Commands.
- Privacy & Security – Vivaldi is built with privacy as a priority and gives you full control of settings critical to keeping your data safe.
- Tools – An arsenal of built-in tools like Notes, Image Properties and more give you advanced functionality without sacrificing performance.
Step 1: Add APT repository
Vivaldi provides a repository for Vivaldi browser packages. Start by importing the GPG key used for verification during installation.
sudo apt update sudo apt -y install wget gnupg2 software-properties-common wget -qO- https://repo.vivaldi.com/archive/linux_signing_key.pub | sudo apt-key add -
Then run the commands below to add the repository to your system.
echo 'deb https://repo.vivaldi.com/archive/deb/ stable main' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/vivaldi.list
Step 2: Install Vivaldi Web Browser on Linux Mint / Kali Linux
A final step is the installation of Vivaldi Web Browser on Linux Mint / Kali Linux.
sudo apt update sudo apt install vivaldi-stable
Hit the y key in your keyboard to start installation.
Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following additional packages will be installed: libappindicator3-1 Recommended packages: adobe-flashplugin The following NEW packages will be installed: libappindicator3-1 vivaldi-stable 0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 674 not upgraded. Need to get 64.8 MB of archives. After this operation, 229 MB of additional disk space will be used. Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
Wait for the installation to finish then launch Vivaldi and customize it to suit your browsing demands,
Top Cyber Security Learning Video Courses:
- Kali Linux Tutorial For Beginners
- The Complete Ethical Hacking Course: Beginner to Advanced!
- The Complete Cyber Security Course : Hackers Exposed!
- The Complete Cyber Security Course : Network Security!
- The Complete Cyber Security Course : End Point Protection!
- Network Hacking Continued – Intermediate to Advanced