In today’s guide you’ll be able to install and use FreeOffice on Fedora and CentOS Desktop Linux system. FreeOffice is a complete Open Source Office suite with a word processor, a spreadsheet application and a presentation program which can be used in place of Microsoft Office. The application is compatible with MS Office file formats DOCX, XLSX and PPTX and you should be able to copy and edit your documents without any issues.
The Main components of FreeOffice software are:
- TextMaker: A powerful word processor that combines ease of use with a huge range of features that let you create beautiful documents with ease. It opens and saves all Microsoft Word DOC and DOCX files seamlessly. It also lets you create PDF files and EPUB e-books directly from within the application.
- PlanMaker: With this spreadsheet application you can create simple timetables just as conveniently as you do the complete financial planning of your company. It has 430 calculation functions and a wide variety of analysis features help you get the most out of your data. It opens and saves all Microsoft Excel XLS and XLSX files seamlessly.
- Presentations: FreeOffice Presentations offers you a wide variety of design and drawing functions: Insert images, drawings and text frames into your presentations, apply attractive type effects by using the TextArt feature or just let one of the numerous attractive design templates do the design work for you. It is able to open and save all Microsoft PowerPoint PPT and PPTX files seamlessly.
Install FreeOffice on Fedora|CentOS Linux
FreeOffice can run on Linux, Windows and macOS. The system requirements are:
- Windows 7, 8, 10, Windows Server 2008 R2 or newer
- macOS 10.10 or higher
- Any PC-based Linux (32 or 64 bits)
Head over to the Downloads page and pull the latest RPM package for your Fedora and CentOS Linux machine.
For 64-bit system:
For 32-bit system:
Once the file has been downloaded install it with rpm or yum package management tool.
sudo yum localinstall ./softmaker-freeoffice-2018-980.x86_64.rpm
Hit the y key when you get prompt to start installation.
Fedora Modular 33 - x86_64 87 kB/s | 47 kB 00:00 Fedora Modular 33 - x86_64 - Updates 80 kB/s | 42 kB 00:00 Fedora Modular 33 - x86_64 - Updates 1.0 MB/s | 2.4 MB 00:02 Fedora 33 - x86_64 - Updates 80 kB/s | 43 kB 00:00 Fedora 33 - x86_64 - Updates 1.7 MB/s | 15 MB 00:08 Fedora 33 - x86_64 93 kB/s | 47 kB 00:00 Dependencies resolved. ================================================================================ Package Arch Version Repository Size ================================================================================ Installing: softmaker-freeoffice-2018 x86_64 2018-980 @commandline 88 M Transaction Summary ================================================================================ Install 1 Package Total size: 88 M Installed size: 200 M Is this ok [y/N]: y
After installation of FreeOffice on CentOS / Fedora Linux system you should be able to launch any of the components and use it.
Enjoy working on your projects using FreeOffice components for free. Also check other articles available on our website.