Technology is like a mind blowing piece of poetry that keeps adding rhymes, puns, and whole stanzas every so often. Before you are done reading its captivating thrillers, another killer phrase gets added to subdue your exit strategy. Cloud computing drama has heightened. It has proven to be a formidable muscular monster that keeps flexing, growing and touching every sector with its far-reaching tentacles. In this fantastic tale, Google Cloud Platform commands its fair share of chapters and influence. Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is one of the leading public clouds that provides its users with many of the same software, hardware, and networking infrastructure used to power Google services.
This article provides you with some of the resources you can use to equip yourself with the internals of GCP. If you are interested in tackling GCP certifications, then you will be warmly served as well.
1. Official Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer Study Guide 1st Edition
Certified Associate Cloud Engineers have demonstrated the knowledge and skills needed to deploy and operate infrastructure, services, and networks in the Google Cloud. Official Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer Study Guide by Dan Sullivan is designed to help you understand the Google Cloud Platform in-depth so that you can meet the needs of those operating resources in the Google Cloud.
Being a popular and experienced online course author for machine learning, big data, and Cloud topics, Dan Sullivan assures you that this resource provides everything you need to prepare for this important exam and master the skills necessary to land that coveted Google Cloud Engineering certification.
You will get the following in the guide
- Select the right Google service from the various choices based on the application to be built
- Compute with Cloud VMs and managing VMs
- Plan and deploying storage
- Network and configure access and security
Your copy is waiting on Amazon on the link below. Click on it to find out more and purchase.
Official Google Cloud Certified Associate Cloud Engineer Study Guide
$32.99 in stock
10 used from $28.26
2. Google Cloud Platform in Action 1st Edition
Written to best suit intermediate developers with no prior cloud or GCP experience, JJ Geewax, the author and a software engineer at Google is on a mission to teach you how to build and launch applications that scale, leveraging the many services on GCP to move faster than ever in Google Cloud Platform in Action.
You will have a chance to learn how to choose the services that best suit your needs, and you’ll be able to build applications that run on Google Cloud Platform and start more quickly, suffer fewer disasters, and require less maintenance. Among many other skills you will build, you’ll discover how to maximize cloud-based data storage, roll out serverless applications with Cloud Functions, and manage containers with Kubernetes. Broad, deep, and complete, this authoritative book has everything you need.
You will get:
- The many varieties of cloud storage and computing
- How to make cost-effective choices
- Hands-on code examples
- Cloud-based machine learning
View more details about this resource on Amazon on the link below:
Google Cloud Platform in Action
$41.92 in stock
7 used from $37.50
3. Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect: Introducing Google Cloud
For those of you looking for a guide that will help you as a reference before you get to sit for the exam within a week, you should consider going through this book. It is a ready reference and reckoner that prepares you to appear for the exam with the topics you need to focus on. In brief, it provides a good summary of the items to know for the exam. That said, you should have therefore attended some Google Cloud Platform training or study at least before consuming the contents of this guide. There is no Code / Dev-Ops details/expertise provided herein. Soumen Chatterjee has provided plenty of links to enable further research and study towards the core concepts of GCP. So you will not get lost while reading.
Additionally, you will benefit from a ready reference for your understanding of the GCP Offerings and your Organisational Team building.
Topics covered in the resource include
- Why Google Cloud Platform?
- A Data-Centric Organization – How GCP enabling the CxO Vision
- The Google Cloud Adoption Framework
- Google Cloud Platform Foundational Blocks
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) services
- Google Cloud Platform – Built to Scale
- Serverless Architecture
- Google Cloud – Cloud Native Operations (DevOps CI/CD, Data Ops, AIOps and No Ops)
- Cloud-Native, Cloud Neutral and Multi-Cloud Strategy
- How GCP helps in Regulatory Compliance
Before sitting for the exam, go over to Amazon and take this book by clicking on the link below.
Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect: Introducing Google Cloud (Third Edition)
4. Official Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect Study Guide 1st Edition
Dan Sullivan, the author, promises that The Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect Study Guide is the essential resource for anyone preparing for this highly sought-after, professional-level certification. The chapters cover 100% of exam objectives helping you gain the knowledge and confidence to succeed on the day of exam sitting. A pre-book assessment quiz helps you evaluate your skills, while chapter review questions emphasize critical points of learning.
This guide aims to empower the readers to gain the following skills
- Design and plan cloud solution architecture
- Manage and provision cloud infrastructure
- Ensure legal compliance and security standards
- Understand options for implementing hybrid clouds
- Develop solutions that meet reliability, business, and technical requirements
The author is a software architect specializing in analytics, machine learning, and cloud computing.
Get your copy delivered and find out more about this guide on the link below:
Official Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect Study Guide
$31.99 in stock
11 used from $24.55
5. Professional Cloud Architect – Google Cloud Certification Guide: A handy guide to designing, developing, and managing enterprise-grade GCP cloud solutions.
This comprehensive guide by Konrad Clapa and Brian Gerrard covers a variety of topics specific to Google’s Professional Cloud Architect official exam syllabus and guides you in using the right methods for effective use of GCP services.
It delivers its content in a progressive manner, beginning with breaking the ice about GCP, then delving into the core services that GCP offers such as computing, storage, and security. As you proceed, you get the chance to get up to speed with methods to scale and automate your cloud infrastructure and plunge into containers and services.
By the end of this book, you will be well versed in all the topics required to pass Google’s Professional Cloud Architect exam and use GCP services effectively.
What you will learn
- Manage your GCP infrastructure with Google Cloud management options such as CloudShell and SDK
- Understand the use cases for different storage options
- Design a solution with security and compliance in mind
- Monitor GCP compute options
- Discover machine learning and the different machine learning models offered by GCP
- Understand what services need to be used when planning and designing your architecture
For many more offerings in the book, click on the link below to explore on Amazon:
Professional Cloud Architect – Google Cloud Certification Guide: A handy guide to designing, developing, and managing enterprise-grade GCP cloud solutions
$39.99 in stock
4 used from $44.98
If you are a professional in practice at the moment such as a cloud architect, cloud engineer, administrator, or any IT professional who would wich to advance their skills and get more visible in the GCP world, the books above will light the path for you pretty well. Please carefully check them out and all the best in your relentless pursuits.
You can also go through the recommendations below for other Certifications.