How can one install Brave Web browser on Ubuntu 20.04/18.04 & Linux Mint 19/18 Desktop?. Brave is a free and open source web browser designed to be fast and secure for mobile devices and Computer devices. Brave comes with a built-in ad blocker that prevents tracking and provides security protection with optimized data and battery performance.
Some features of Brave Browser
Here are few top features of Brave web browser.
- Search – Choose default search engine – Google, Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo e.t.c
- Fast Browsing – According to its creators, Brave loads pages three times as fast out of the box with nothing to install, learn or manage.
- Easy to switch to Brave – It’s easy to import your settings from your old browser. You can do it during the welcome tour or later through the menus.
- Support your favorite sites with Brave Rewards – with Brave Rewards activated, you can support the content creators you love at the amount that works for you.
- Privacy and Security – Brave fights malware and prevents tracking, keeping your information safe and secure. Clearing of browsing data and a built-in password manager.
- Form autofill which saves you time when working with forms
- Extensions/Plugins – Brave Desktop now supports most of the Chrome extensions in the chrome web store
- and many more
Install Brave Web Browser on Ubuntu 20.04/18.04 & Linux Mint 19/18
You can install Brave browser by downloading a .deb package and installing manually or by using the apt repository which has compiled packages ready for installation with the apt package manager.
Do system update of package index.
sudo apt update sudo apt -y install curl software-properties-common apt-transport-https
Import repository GPG key:
curl -s https://brave-browser-apt-release.s3.brave.com/brave-core.asc | sudo apt-key --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/brave-browser-release.gpg add -
Then add the Brave browser repository to the system.
echo "deb [arch=amd64] https://brave-browser-apt-release.s3.brave.com/ stable main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/brave-browser-release.list
Then update your package index and install Brave web browser on Ubuntu / Linux Mint.
sudo apt update sudo apt install -y brave-browser
Launch Brave Web Browser on Ubuntu / Linux Mint
After installation, you can launch the web browser from the DE menu.
Or from the terminal
$ brave-browser $ brave-browser-stable
Follow the welcome tour to guide to finish your setup.
Enjoy browsing with Brave on Ubuntu / Linux Mint Desktop system. There a couple of articles you can check for Ubuntu / Linux Mint.