Brave is a free and open-source web browser developed by Brave Software, Inc. As with many other browsers out there, Brave is based on the Chromium web browser. What distinguishes Brave from others is its ability to block ads and website trackers out of the box. Moreover. In this post, we’ll discuss how user can install Brave Web Browser on Fedora 32/31/30/29.
Brave provides a means for users to send cryptocurrency contributions in the form of Basic Attention Tokens to websites and content creators. So let’s install Brave Web browser in our Fedora machine.
Top features of Brave
- Fast Browsing – According to its creators, Brave loads pages three times as fast out of the box with nothing to install, learn or manage.
- Easy to switch to Brave – It’s easy to import your settings from your old browser. You can do it during the welcome tour or later through the menus.
- Support your favorite sites with Brave Rewards – with Brave Rewards activated, you can support the content creators you love at the amount that works for you.
- Privacy and Security – Brave fights malware and prevents tracking, keeping your information safe and secure. Clearing of browsing data and a built-in password manager.
- Form autofill
- Search – Choose default search engine
- Extensions/Plugins – Brave Desktop now supports most of the Chrome extensions in the chrome web store
Install Brave Web Browser on Fedora 32/32/30
You can choose to install the stable or beta releases of Brave browser on Fedora Linux. Here we’ll do the stable channel installation.
Add RPM repository:
sudo dnf config-manager --add-repo https://brave-browser-rpm-release.s3.brave.com/x86_64/
Repository vivaldi is listed more than once in the configuration Adding repo from: https://brave-browser-rpm-release.s3.brave.com/x86_64/
Import repository key:
sudo rpm --import https://brave-browser-rpm-release.s3.brave.com/brave-core.asc
Then install Brave web browser on Fedora:
sudo dnf install brave-browser
Agree to install dependencies and Brave browser on Fedora Linux.
Dependencies resolved. ======================================================================================================================================================== Package Architecture Version Repository Size ======================================================================================================================================================== Installing: brave-browser x86_64 1.2.43-1 brave-browser-rpm-release.s3.brave.com_x86_64_ 73 M Installing dependencies: brave-keyring noarch 1.7-1 brave-browser-rpm-release.s3.brave.com_x86_64_ 12 k libindicator-gtk3 x86_64 12.10.1-16.fc31 updates 67 k libappindicator-gtk3 x86_64 12.10.0-25.fc31 fedora 43 k libdbusmenu x86_64 16.04.0-14.fc31 fedora 135 k libdbusmenu-gtk3 x86_64 16.04.0-14.fc31 fedora 41 k liberation-fonts noarch 1:2.00.5-6.fc31 fedora 8.4 k Transaction Summary ======================================================================================================================================================== Install 7 Packages Total download size: 74 M Installed size: 74 M Is this ok [y/N]: y
After installation, you can launch the web browser from the terminal or DE menu.
$ brave-browser $ brave-browser-stable
Enjoy browsing with Brave!.
Other web browsers installation on Fedora: