Welcome to our guide on how to How to install latest Virtualbox on Ubuntu and Kali Linux. VirtualBox allows you to run more than one operating system at a time. This way, you can run software written for one operating system on another (for example, Windows software on Linux or a Mac) without having to reboot to use it.
Since you can configure what kinds of “virtual” hardware should be presented to each such operating system, you can install an old operating system such as DOS or OS/2 even if your real computer’s hardware is no longer supported by that operating system.Other virtualization platforms are VMware and KVM on Linux.
Virtualbox allows you to:
- Running multiple operating systems simultaneously. VirtualBox allows you to run more than one operating system at a time.
- Testing and disaster recovery. Once installed, a virtual machine and its virtual hard disks can be considered a “container” that can be arbitrarily frozen, woken up, copied, backed up, and transported between hosts.
- Infrastructure consolidation. Virtualization can significantly reduce hardware and electricity costs. Most of the time, computers today only use a fraction of their potential power and run with low average system loads.
Refer to our guides below to install latest Virtualbox on Ubuntu and Kali Linux:
Install Virtualbox on Ubuntu:
Install Virtualbox on Kali Linux:
Top Cyber Security Learning Video Courses:
- Kali Linux Tutorial For Beginners
- The Complete Ethical Hacking Course: Beginner to Advanced!
- The Complete Cyber Security Course : Hackers Exposed!
- The Complete Cyber Security Course : Network Security!
- The Complete Cyber Security Course : End Point Protection!
- Network Hacking Continued – Intermediate to Advanced
- The Complete Cyber Security Course : Anonymous Browsing!
- Learn Python & Ethical Hacking From Scratch