Welcome to our article on How to install latest Java JDK on Kali Linux 2020.x|2019.x. Many applications require Java installed on your computer for them to run smoothly. This tutorial will guide you through a complete process of installing latest java on Kali Linux operating system.
Most articles you read online will give you hard to follow procedure but this is a straightforward guide and you will always get latest version of java on your distribution.
Then after that:
1) Switch to root account or use sudo, with the first one you’ll enter the root password and with the second one you’ll enter your normal user account password.
sudo su -
2) Then update your system
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade
3) Finally, install JAVA on Kali Linux
sudo apt install -y default-jdk
After java downloading and installing successfully, check your Java version:
$ java -version
Java Mastery courses:
Thanks for reading. feel free to drop a comment in case you encounter any error or problem.
- Install Java JDK on Kali Linux
- Installing Java on Kali Linux 2020.x
- Oracle Java installation on Kali Linux