Oracle certifications are professional certifications, and achieving them requires study, practice, and good preparation.
Gaining the credential as an Oracle Database SQL Certified Associate demonstrates understanding of fundamental SQL concepts needed to undertake any database project. Passing the exam illustrates depth of knowledge of SQL and its use when working with the Oracle Database server.
Gain a working knowledge of queries , insert, update and delete SQL statements as well as some Data Definition language and Data Control Language, the optimizer, tales and indexes, data modeling and normalization.
Oracle Certified Associate certification is awarded only to candidates who pass the new Oracle Database SQL | 1Z0-071 exam. By passing this exam, a certified individual proves fluency in and a solid understanding of SQL language, data modeling and using SQL to create amd manipulate tables in an Oracle Database. Source: Oracle
- Oracle Database 12c SQL Fundamentals (1Z0-061) retired November 2019
- Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals (1Z0-051) retired April 2018
- Oracle Database SQL Expert (1Z0-047) retired
Following is a list of books that will give you guidance and preparation towards securing Oracle Database certification.
1. OCA Oracle Database SQL Exam Guide (Exam 1Z0-071)
This guide authored by Steve O’Hearn is a thoroughly revised Oracle Press guide and offers 100% coverage of all objectives on the latest version of the Oracle Database SQL Exam. Ideal both as a study guide and on-the-job reference, OCA Oracle Database SQL Exam Guide (Exam 1Z0-071) features detailed explanations, examples, practice questions, and chapter summaries. “Certification Objectives,” “Exam Watch,” and “On the Job” sections reinforce salient points throughout. You will gain access to two complete practice exams that match the tone, tenor, and format of the live test.
Get complete coverage every topic on Exam 1Z0-071, including:
- DDL and SQL SELECT statements
- Manipulating, restricting, and sorting data
- Single-row and group functions
- Displaying data from multiple tables
- Schema objects
- Set operators
- Grouping related data
- Report creation
- Data dictionary views
- Large data sets
- Hierarchical retrieval
- Regular expression support
- User access control
The electronic includes:
- Two full practice exams
- Detailed answers and explanations
Click following link to have your copy delivered from Amazon.
2. Oracle Database 12c PL/SQL Programming
Michael McLaughlin, the author, is an Oracle ACE and veteran of Oracle technologies (20+ years). In addition to his catalogue of skill and sound experience, he is the author or co-author of ten Oracle Press books.
In this guide, you get to develop, debug, and administer robust database programs. Filled with detailed examples and expert strategies from an Oracle ACE, Oracle Database 12c PL/SQL Programming explains how to retrieve and process data, write PL/SQL statements, execute effective queries, incorporate PHP and Java, and work with dynamic SQL. Code testing, security, and object-oriented programming techniques are fully covered in this comprehensive Oracle Press guide.
What you will get inside
- Explore new SQL and PL/SQL features in Oracle Database 12c
- Build control structures, cursors, and loop statements
- Work with collections, varrays, tables, and associative array collections
- Locate and repair errors and employ exception handlers
- Execute black box, white box, and integration tests
- Configure and manage stored packages and libraries
- Handle security with authentication and encryption
- Use LOBs to store text and multimedia content
- Write and implement PL/SQL and Java triggers
- Extend functionality using dynamic SQL statements
- Understand object types, nested tables, and unnesting queries
Shirld yourself from the overshelming competition by being amazing at what you do. By learning from the best, you not only grow in skill but get to know how to solve problems that will definely come in the future. Use the link below to get started in PL/SQL Programming by getting a copy from Amazon.
3. Oracle Certification Prep: Oracle Database 12c SQL: Study Guide for 1Z0-071
Matthew Morris has worked with the Oracle database since 1996 when he worked in the RDBMS support team for Oracle Support Services. He was one of the first one hundred Oracle Certified Database Administrators (version 7.3) and was also in the first hundred to become an Oracle Certified Forms Developer. Moreover, he is an experienced Database Administrator and PL/SQL developer and has been creating Web applications with Oracle Application Express since the early days of its release. Morris has an amazing wealth of experience that the readers of this book will glean and enjoy.
This Study Guide is targeted at IT professionals who are working towards becoming an Oracle Database 12c SQL Certified Associate. The book provides information covering all of the exam topics for the Oracle certification exam: “1Z0-071: Oracle Database 12c SQL”.
The books in the Oracle Certification Prep series are built in lockstep with the test topics provided by Oracle Education’s certification program. Each book is intended to provide the information that will be tested in a clean and concise format. The guides introduce the subject you’ll be tested on, follow that with the information you’ll need to know for it, and then move on to the next topic. They contain no drills or unrealistic self-tests to bump the page count without adding value. The series is intended to provide a concentrated source of exam information that is compact enough to be read through multiple times.
This series is ideal for experienced Oracle professionals that are familiar with the topic being tested, but want a means to rapidly reinforce their existing skills and bridge any gaps in their knowledge. It is also an excellent option as a second source of information for candidates pursuing certification. Have your copy from Amazon via the link provided below.
4. SQL QuickStart Guide: The Simplified Beginner’s Guide to Managing, Analyzing, and Manipulating Data With SQL
In this comprehensive guide, experienced mentor and SQL expert Walter Shields draws on his considerable knowledge to make the topic of relational database management accessible, easy to understand, and highly actionable.
Even though it is not particulalry tied to Oracle certification guidelines, SQL is the workhorse programming language that forms the backbone of modern data management and interpretation and hence serves as a wonderful foundation for those who are not well versed with it.
SQL QuickStart Guide is ideal for those seeking to increase their job prospects and enhance their careers, for developers looking to expand their programming capabilities, or for anyone who wants to take advantage of our inevitably data-driven future—even with no prior coding experience!
In SQL QuickStart Guide You’ll Discover:
- The basic structure of databases—what they are, how they work, and how to successfully navigate them
- How to use SQL to retrieve and understand data no matter the scale of a database (aided by numerous images and examples)
- The most important SQL queries, along with how and when to use them for best effect
- Professional applications of SQL and how to “sell” your new SQL skills to your employer, along with other career-enhancing considerations.
Win big in the SQL battle and conquer the challenges in future by taking a look at this resource. Click on the link below to head over to Amazon.
5. Oracle Database 12c SQL
Jason Price is a freelance consultant and former product manager at Oracle Corporation. He has contributed to many of Oracle’s products and is an Oracle Certified Database Administrator and Application Developer.
In this piece, Jason enables readers to learn how to access Oracle databases through SQL statements and construct PL/SQL programs. Oracle Database 12c SQL offers complete coverage of database features and techniques. Find out how to write SQL statements to retrieve and modify database information, use SQL*Plus and SQL Developer, work with database objects, write PL/SQL programs, use performance optimization techniques, incorporate XML, and more. This Oracle Press guide contains everything you need to know to master SQL.
- Use SQL statements to access an Oracle database
- Work with SQL Plus and SQL Developer
- Write PL/SQL programs
- Create tables, sequences, indexes, views, and triggers
- Design advanced queries containing complex calculations
- Create database objects to handle abstract data
- Use date, time stamp, and time interval data types
- Establish user roles and privileges
- Handle multimedia files using large objects
- Tune SQL statements to make them execute faster
- Generate, process, and store XML data
- Master Oracle Database 12c features
Turn your SQL to an A Game level by going through this resource a day at a time. Hop over to Amazon and get your copy from the link below.
Being able to show what you know and can do helps differentiate you from the competition—whether you are preparing for college, applying to a graduate program, or competing for a job, internship or promotion. The professional landscape is quite demanding especially for skilled talent. Getting your certifications as early and as adequately as possible will put you in your own league and propell you in your career significantly. Oracle is a huge brand, and having the skills in this brand that is being used extensively around the globe will pave way for good opportunities for you. So grab the books, visit their certifications site to find out more and begin your skill development.
Articles liked by other readers: