- VoIP calls to traverse NAT firewalls systems
- Packet flow optimization
- Relaying of voice, video or any RTP stream of data
- Playing of pre-encoded in-band announcements
- Re-framing of RTP payload
- Routing VoIP to VPN links routing
- Real-time stream copying
Install RTPProxy on CentOS 7.x using steps provided below:
- Change directory to /usr/src.
- Clone rtpproxy source from github.
- cd into rtpproxy source tree.
4.Configure the source tree for installing rtpproxy
- Compile rtpproxy
- Install Rtpproxy
- Copy init.d script to /etc/rc.d/init.d directory.
- Make the file executable
- Add a user that will run the program. I will add user called rtpproxy and group called rtpproxy:
- Check the location of rtpproxy executable file
- Change rtpproxy=/usr/bin/rtpproxy to /usr/local/bin/rtpproxy, pidfile in /etc/rc.d/init.d/rtpproxy file
Sample output is as shown:
- You can include Additional Options like:
Rtpproxy will listen on ip: 192.168.1.60 , control socket being unix:/var/run/rtpproxy.sock.
To make it listen on an UDP socket, add option:
12 Reload and start rtpproxy
- To set to run at startup, type:
You are done with the installation. In case of any error, alert us via comment section.