Going mobile is one of the biggest trends of today and there is nothing strange. In 2017, consumers spent $61.8 billion on the development of products to be used for smartphones, and in 2018 this figure reached to $75.7 billion. The market is constantly growing, which gives a lot of prospects to both startups and seasonal market players. To distinguish your app from a large number of competitors, it is important to make it technically strong, market- and consumer-oriented.
Factors Affecting the Cost
At this point, there are two important criteria: the performer (the price depends on the country the developer resides) and the functional complexity of the solution. You can also use the ios app development services of a dedicated firm, in this case, everything will depend on their pricing policy.
Naturally, the price depends on the amount of work: the number of controls, devices types, screen orientation modes, security, the number of supported languages in the solution, and much more. The process is really quite difficult. Sometimes you may need a team of at least 6-7 specialists, in other cases, you will need an architecture, back-enders, front-enders, QA specialists, designers, and many more people.
Regardless of the case of yours, the development plan looks like this:
- First, you need to think about who and why will use the application, what problems will it help to solve? All these details are to be described in the User Story.
- Then the design phase begins, navigation is thought out, a layout is made, and a guideline is drawn up.
- The next step is preparing (adjusting/compressing) graphics so as not to overload the application but leave everything you need in a solution at the same time.
- Further, all these materials are transferred to the team of developers. Often, in the process of work, new ideas appear, which makes the team adjust the initial plan.
- Once developers are ready with the product beta version, the testing phase comes. Thus, the tester checks the application on different devices, uses special services to test the product on different operating systems.
- After testing, the app is downloaded to the App Store, and the monitoring phase begins. To track the downloads statistics, you can use dedicated services, such as Google Analytics.
- After the app release, you need to prepare a plan of how to attract the users, collect all the metrics and analyze user behavior. If you use the technology of push-mailings, it is easier to “study” the habits and requests of clients with the service of segmentation of the client base. Having drawn the necessary conclusions, improve the application. Do not forget about the AB testing, which is very effective in this regard.
Before initiating the project, make sure that the team will work on creating a prototype of the application. This is very important, as it will help to avoid mistakes and bugs, as well as clearly understand what kind of final result to expect.