If you are reading this article, you are either using fax for office communications or are planning to do it. Either way, you are interested in using a fax and want to know more about it.
With global technological advancement, things have become more convenient and compact. In this modern world, is using a bulky machine the only way to send a fax? Or do you have to keep the machine turned on 24×7 to ensure that you don’t miss any fax?
Needless to say, this is a highly unfeasible option.
But, there are ways to work around this. Today, it is possible to send documents from a fax number to email. It might sound complicated but online services like CocoFax make it as easy as sending or receiving an email.
In this article, we will be discussing some handy tips for online fax by computer.
CocoFax – the online fax service provider
CocoFax is a popular name in the world of fax service providers. From individuals to multinational corporations, CocoFax has served all types of clients and provides fax solutions that are simple as well as convenient.
CocoFax offers simple fax solutions such as fax to email and email to fax services that can take care of any fax needs that you might have. Moreover, it is a reputed name that comes with automated systems, therefore no third party will have access to your fax communications. You can rest assured knowing that your data and your files will be between you and the recipient.
As you must know, you need a fax number for sending a fax. With CocoFax, you will get a fax number for free. If you sign up for the 30-day free trial period, you will have the option to select your own fax number.
Also, with the trial, you will try out the services offered by CocoFax without taking any risk of losing money. You can cancel the trial if you are not happy with the services.
Sending Fax to email
What system the recipient uses to receive the fax is up to them and there is nothing you can do about it. So, if you want to send them a fax on their email address, the only option you have is to use CocoFax. If they are using an online fax service provider as well, the faxes will be forwarded to their email address automatically.
Sending a fax through CocoFax is an easy task. All you have to do is follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Click here to visit CocoFax website and create an account on CocoFax. Start your free trial period of 30 days. Once you have done that, you will have the option of selecting a fax number for free.
- It is important that you register on CocoFax using the same email address you will be using for sending and receiving faxes.
- Take your device and open the email service. You can use any device including a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Moreover, you are free to either use the application, open the web browser, or try any other method. For example, if you are using Gmail, you can open the app, web browser, or even through Outlook.
- Go to the option to compose a new mail and select it. A popup will open up. Depending on the email client you are using, the format of the email will be different, but the idea will be the same.
- As the popup opens, you can start composing your fax. Here are the details you need to fill:
- To – This is the field where you usually enter the email address of the receiver. In this section, you will have to add the country code of the recipient and their fax number followed by ‘@cocofax.net’. For instance, for fax number 123456 and country code +77, you will write ‘[email protected]’ in the field.
- Subject – In the subject field, you can write a note that will appear on the top of the fax documents printed by the receiver. If you want, you can leave this field empty.
- Email Body – This field is optional as well. Anything you write here will appear as the cover page or first page of the fax document.
The actual fax document must be attached to the email. The supported formats are docx, doc, xlsx, xls, jpg, and png.
- Once all the required fields are completed, all left to do is press the ‘Send’ button. This email will be received by CocoFax which will translate it into a fax document. Next, Cocofax will dial the fax machine of the receiver and send the fax.
Once the fax has been transmitted, you will receive a confirmation mail in your inbox notifying you of the successful delivery. You will also get the transmission’s time log. In case the fax couldn’t be delivered, you will get a notification about the same along with time logs.
Please note that in most cases, the reason for failed delivery is because the fax machine of the recipient is either busy, turned off, or the fax number is incorrect. Theoretically, there will be no issue on CocoFax’s end.
And this is it! Sending a fax through email is very easy. And receiving is easier.
Receiving fax to email
After you have registered on CocoFax, receiving faxes to the email address will become an automated process. CocoFax will take care of anything and everything for you.
The email address that you used for registering on CocoFax will receive all the faxes. All you have to do is share your fax number to the sender. CocoFax will receive the fax for you and send it to your email address.
Also, as you receive email notifications, you will find the fax in the attachment. The email will also contain the sender’s information along with the transmission log.
The most important factor to consider while sending a fax, through whichever means, is trust and reliability. Fax is mainly used to send documents through a secure communication channel.
With CocoFax, you can rest assured knowing that the fax you are sending is delivered only to the recipient. The whole communication will be confidential.