For most users and enterprises alike, having a place where files can be stored, accessed, synced and shared not only seamlessly but with a twist of flexibility and simplicity is strictly important. FileCloud brings such a haven together with a wonderful return of investment (ROI) for businesses and individuals.
How FileCloud works
In case you are familiar with Drop-box, FileCloud gives you the opportunity to run your own private Dropbox-like file sharing and sync solution which is fully integrated with your IT infrastructure and storage. To provide a clear picture of how it integrates with your IT infrastructure, one is able to access files as a drive from Windows and Mac, sync files, and access from mobile devices. In case you have other files residing in a public cloud, you are not limited since you can connect to local storage, Amazon S3, or Azure storage.
Unlike Drop-box and other implementations, you get complete data ownership and control by hosting FileCloud yourself on-premises or in the cloud. In-case you would like to offer backup and storage to clients, FileCloud is cloud-agnostic and allows you to run your own private cloud storage and sync solution for your customers and clients offering you complete control of organizational data.
FileCloud offers multiple ways to access your organization’s files securely. You can access your data via a web browser, a desktop sync client, a mapped virtual drive, mobile apps, WebDAV, and browser add-ons. Such a myriad way ensures that whatever you prefer is available to you.
Features of FileCloud
It should be noted that FileCloud comes in two flavors, the community edition and Enterprise edition.
FileCloud Community Edition
For just $10 per year, organizations can run their own on-premise storage, sharing, and sync systems in both Linux and Windows operating environments. Community Edition includes the ability to create 5 Full users, an unlimited number of Limited users, and access via desktop, mobile app, and web portal. All proceeds from Community Edition are donated to charity.
- You get complete data ownership and control by hosting it yourself on-premises or in the cloud.
- Enabled remote access, and sync to network shares with NTFS permissions support.
- Ability to connect to local storage, Amazon S3, or Azure storage
- Access files as a drive from Windows and Mac, sync files, and access from mobile devices.
- Forum-based support.
- It runs on Windows 2008 R2, Windows 10 onwards, Ubuntu 16.04 or later, RedHat & CentOS
- Device Management
- Audit Logs
- Federated Search
- Customized URL
- Team Folders
- Network Folders
- Shared Files and Folders
- Folder Access Permission Control
FileCloud Enterprise Edition
FileCloud Enterprise offers competitive features at relatively affordable pricing plans for your organization. It comes with cutting edge features by advancing what is already available in the Community edition.
- Data Governance (including Smart DLP, Smart Classification, Retention Policies, and the Governance Dashboard)
- Single Sign-On (SSO): Integrates with LDAP, NTFS Permissions and Active Directory
- Solr Search
- Server Sync
- Third-party integrations (AV, SalesForce, SIEM, etc.)
- SMS Authentication
- Integration with Office and Outlook: You can open, edit, and save any Office files stored in FileCloud right from your browser. FileCloud enhances Microsoft Office collaboration with DocIQ, a real-time assistant that displays relevant and contextual information in the same window as your Microsoft Office document.
- Powerful Admin Tools: The Admin dashboard provides usage trends, access by geographical location, license information and update alerts.
- Unparalleled Branding Options: You can run FileCloud on custom domains, and customize almost everything including logo, background image, fonts, email communications, and terms of service
- High Availability Architecture
- You can run FileCloud as a Microservice
- Advanced Features: FileCloud offers workflow automation, APIs and third-party integration to enable complex custom requirements.
- Object Storage: Supports AWS S3, Azure Blob, Wasabi, EMC ECS and other S3 compatible storage systems.
- Collaboration: File Locking. Activity Streams, Smart Notifications
You pretty now have all the reasons to let FileCloud get your files and folders organized, synced, and shared beautifully. Release all the trouble and burden of poor collaboration with this self-hosted file share that takes care of your security, your control, and your convenience.
Get more insight, more details and an opportunity to talk to the FileCloud team by clicking on this link.
Our next guide will discuss installation of FileCloud on CentOS / Ubuntu Linux servers. Check related guides below.