Maybe you would wish to change the trajectory of your career or otherwise, you are getting yourself ready to begin your career in IT. You may have looked around as you figure out what to try and you landed here. Well, CompTIA A+ is a wonderful place to start because it gives a reliably solid and basic foundation for any future IT endeavors.
CompTIA A+ is the foundation of your IT career. It is the preferred qualifying credential for technical support and IT operational roles. What you will be prepared for in CompTIA A+:
- Candidates are better prepared to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Technicians understand a wide variety of issues ranging from networking and operating systems to mobile devices and security.
- A+ supports the ability to connect users to the data they need to do their jobs regardless of the devices being used (certification.comptia.org, 2019).
1. CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/tech))
I am sure by now you understand much about the Dummies series of books. Their reputation is known to take a total beginner in any subject and try as much as possible to demystify it as much as possible. Beginning with the very basics in the CompTIA A+ Certification, you’ll be sure to grasp networking and computer repair to troubleshooting, security, permissions, customer service in crisp and simple language.
Some of the take-aways in the book include:
- Preparation for the A+ exam with a review of the types of questions you’ll see on the actual test
- Getting test-taking advice for the big day
- Included nice graphics to show the thousands of parts of the computer.
- Topics ranging from inside and outside the box, maintenance, troubleshooting, operating systems, system recovery, networking, and security.
- Use the online testing bank to gauge your knowledge—and find out where you need more study help
You can easily get more details about the book on Amazon below:
2. CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Tenth Edition (Exams 220-1001 & 220-1002) 10th Edition by Mike Meyers
If you are looking for complete coverage of CompTIA A+ exams 220-1001 & 220-1002, CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide will sort you out to your satisfaction. This self-study book and an accompanying CD has been thoroughly updated to cover the exam objectives on the 2015 CompTIA A+ exams. There are new topics which include managing and maintaining cellular devices, including tablets; configuring operating systems, including Windows 8, Android, and iOS; and enhanced, mobile-centered security and troubleshooting procedures.
Electronic content includes:
- Practice exams download for both exam 901 and 902 with hundreds of accurate practice exam questions
- More than an hour of online video training featuring Mike Meyers
- Online performance-based simulations that prepare you for the performance-based exam questions
- A link to Mike’s favorite PC tools
Visit Amazon to get more about the book by clicking on the link below:
3. CompTIA A+ 220-901 and 220-902 Exam Cram 1st Edition by David L. Prowse
While there are a variety of ways to pass your CompTIA A+ exams, this book by David L. Prowse is the perfect study guide to help you pass. There is a complete coverage and practice questions for every exam topic. This includes substantial new coverage of Windows 8/8.1, new PC hardware, tablets, smartphones, OS X, Linux, cloud computing, and professional-level networking and security. Moreover, there are well organized preparation tools including quizzes, Exam Alerts, our great last-minute Cram Sheet, two full practice exams in the print book and an additional two exams in the test engine. As if that is not enough, enjoy a complete real-time practice and feedback through Pearson’s state-of-the-art test engine. Enjoy a repertoire listed below:
- Covers the critical information you’ll need to know to score higher on your A+ 220-901 and 220-902 exams!
- Deploy and manage desktops and notebooks running Windows 8.1/8, 7, Vista, OS X, or Linux
- Master and practice the six-step A+ troubleshooting process
- Understand, install, configure, and troubleshoot motherboards, CPUs, and memory
- Test and troubleshoot power-related problems
- Use all forms of storage, including SSDs, Blu-ray devices, and RAID systems
- Work effectively with mobile devices, including iOS, Android, and Windows tablets and smartphones
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot both visible and internal laptop components
- Configure Windows components and applications, use Windows administrative tools, and optimize Windows systems
- Repair damaged Windows environments and boot errors
- Work with audio and video subsystems, I/O devices, and new peripherals
- Install and manage both local and network printers
- Understand and work with networks, network hardware, wireless protocols, and cloud technologies
- Install and configure SOHO wired/wireless networks and troubleshoot connectivity
- Secure desktops and mobile devices, implement authentication methods, prevent malware attacks, and protect data
Have your copy from Amazon on the link provided:
4. Complete CompTIA A+ Guide to IT Hardware and Software (7th Edition) standalone book (Pearson IT Cybersecurity Curriculum (ITCC)) 7th Edition by Cheryl A. Schmidt
Would you wish to master all the stuff you have heard about hardware and software installation, configuration, repair, maintenance, and troubleshooting? and fully prepare for the CompTIA® A+ 220-901 and 220-902 exams.
This all-in-one textbook and lab manual is a real-world guide to learning how to connect, manage, and troubleshoot multiple devices in authentic IT scenarios. Complete CompTIA A+ Guide to IT Hardware and Software gives it to you in amazing gulps. The authors compiled a thorough instruction based on the CompTIA A+ 220-901 and 220-902 exam objectives including coverage of Linux, Mac, mobile, cloud, and expanded troubleshooting and security.
Learn thoroughly at a faster pace with all these study and review tools:
- Learning Objectives provide the goals for each chapter plus chapter opening lists of A+ Cert Exam Objectives ensure full coverage of these topics
- Hundreds of photos, figures, and tables to help summarize and present information in a visual manner in an all-new full color design
- Practical Tech Tips give real-world IT Tech Support knowledge
- Soft Skills best practice advice and team-building activities in each chapter cover all the tools and skills you need to become a professional, customer-friendly technician in every category
- Review Questions, including true/false, multiple choice, matching, fill-in-the-blank, and open-ended questions, assess your knowledge of the learning objectives
- Hundreds of thought-provoking activities to apply and reinforce the chapter content and “flip” the classroom if you want
- More than 140 Labs allow you to link theory to practical experience
- Key Terms identify exam words and phrases associated with each topic
- Detailed Glossary clearly defines every key term
- Dozens of Critical Thinking Activities take you beyond the facts to complete comprehension of topics
- Chapter Summary provides a recap of key concepts for studying
- Certification Exam Tips provide insight into the certification exam and preparation process
The complete guide and more reviews are found in Amazon on the link below:
Complete CompTIA A+ Guide to IT Hardware and Softwareh
5. CompTIA A+ Complete Study Guide: Exams 220-901 and 220-902 3rd Edition by Quentin Docter (Author), Emmett Dulaney (Author), Toby Skandier
A wonderful way to grasp the fundamentals of a skill is to go through a guide deeply. The CompTIA A+ Complete Study Guide gets you covered for Exam 220-901 and Exam 220-902 objectives. It sure gives you everything you need to ensure that you not only understand the basics of IT, but that you can demonstrate your understanding effectively. This resource affords you enough preparation and practice so that you can approach the exam with confidence. Among other content from the book, the following is a summary of what you will encounter therein:
- Review the components of personal computers, laptops, and portable devices
- Understand operating systems, networks, and security
- Get up to speed on safety and environmental issues
- Practice effective communication and the “soft skills” of professionalism
The full study guide can be found in Amazon below:
6. CompTIA A+ Practice Tests: Exam 220-901 and Exam 220-902 1st Edition by Quentin Docter
There are many ways to prepare for exams especially when you have already gone through a study guide and you have an excellent idea about the subject at hand. A better way is to go through thorough tests as much as you can. CompTIA A+ Practice Tests: Exam 220-901 and Exam 220-902 contain well-crafted questions and detailed answers that will help give you the confidence to succeed on exam day. The tests have been well-selected to measure a candidate’s competency with various hardware components and software operating systems. This resource provides nine unique practice tests—totaling 1,020 questions—that cover the nine CompTIA A+ objective domains you’ll encounter in Exam 220-901 and Exam 220-902.
The following is what you will get:
- Practice questions provide comprehensive coverage of the exam objectives
- An excellent study companion for anyone renewing their certification or taking it for the first time
- The 1,200 practice questions are organized into nine full-length tests
- Complements the CompTIA A+ Complete Study Guide
The full study guide can be found in Amazon below:
You may be interested in the Articles listed below. Otherwise, have a successful hack of CompTIA A+ Exams and all the best.