Project Management Professional (PMP) is an internationally recognized professional designation offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI). It is one of eight other professional courses offered by PMI and is based on the PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge (Wikipedia). You may wonder what the purpose of PMP represents. Most importantly, PMP certified project managers/professionals are employed in an attempt to improve the success rate of projects in all areas of knowledge, by applying a standardized and evolving set of project management principles as contained in PMI’s PMBOK Guide.
Now that we’ve made an attempt to introduce PMP, let us go ahead and check the best resources you can use to be competent and achieve this certification.
1. A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)–Sixth Edition
The PMBOK® Guide–Sixth Edition – PMI’s flagship publication has been updated to reflect the latest good practices in project management. New to the Sixth Edition, each knowledge area will contain a section entitled Approaches for Agile, Iterative and Adaptive Environments, describing how these practices integrate in project settings.
This contain more emphasis on strategic and business knowledge including discussion of project management business documents and information on the PMI Talent Triangle™ and the essential skills for success in today’s market.
Below is the link to download:
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide)
$37.69 in stock
28 used from $32.26
2. The PMP Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try, Sixth Edition
This book is based on the 6th edition PMBOK Guide® and has been fully updated for the March 2018 exam. A complete guide for the PMP certification exam, The PMP Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try provides all the information project managers need to thoroughly prepare for and pass the test. This comprehensive study resource includes:
- All the processes, inputs, tools, and outputs to be tested
- Insider secrets, test tricks and tips
- Links to 60 videos with Andy explaining concepts
- Over 400 practice exam questions including end of chapter quizzes and a simulated final exam
- Exercises designed to strengthen mastery of key concepts
- Dedicated margin space study notes
- One week subscription to InSite, Velociteach’s e-learning portal, with additional content including an extra 100 simulated practice exam questions
- Glossary of terms and definitions in back of book for reference
The most complete, concise, and up-to-date study resource, Andy’s book cuts down on the difficulty factors in obtaining the PMP certification and helps candidates pass the exam on the first try.
The PMP Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try, Sixth Edition
3. PMP: Project Management Professional Exam Study Guide 9th Edition.
The PMP: Project Management Professional Exam Study Guide, Ninth Edition by Kim Heldman, provides a comprehensive review for the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) PMP certification exam. This new Heldman’s edition has been completely revised to align with the latest version of the exam, which includes new tasks that reflect changes to best practices, the role of the project manager, and the growing importance of agile and other adaptive and iterative practices.
Detailed discussion draws from the latest A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), 6th edition, to provide the most up-to-date information on critical topics, while hands-on exercises provide insight on real-world implementation. Receive one year of free access to the Sybex online interactive learning environment, to help you prepare with superior study tools, rigorous chapter tests, and two practice exams that allows you to gauge your readiness and avoid surprises on exam day.
Candidates must have extensive project management experience to qualify, but comprehensive study materials, aligned with the PMBOK® Guide Sixth Edition, are essential to success on the exam. This study guide provides everything you need to ensure thorough preparation and full exam-day confidence.
What you will get from the book
- Study 100% of the objectives for the latest PMP exam
- Practice applying PMP concepts to real-world scenarios
- Test your understanding with comprehensive review questions
- Access online chapter tests, practice exams, electronic flashcards, and more
PMP: Project Management Professional Exam Study Guide
$46.13 in stock
41 used from $11.54
4. Head First PMP: A Learner’s Companion to Passing the Project Management Professional Exam 4th Edition
Jennifer Greene and Andrew Stellman in Head First PMP teach you the latest principles and certification objectives in The PMBOK® Guide in a unique and inspiring way. We are sure you know the reputation of Head First series of books and this one is no different. This updated fourth edition takes you beyond specific questions and answers with a unique visual format that helps you grasp the big picture of project management. By putting PMP concepts into context, you’ll be able to understand, remember, and apply them—not just on the exam, but on the job. No wonder so many people have used Head First PMP as their sole source for passing the PMP exam.
This book will help you:
- Learn PMP’s underlying concepts to help you understand the PMBOK principles and pass the certification exam with flying colors
- Get 100% coverage of the latest principles and certification objectives in The PMBOK® Guide, Sixth Edition
- Make use of a thorough and effective preparation guide with hundreds of practice questions and exam strategies
- Explore the material through puzzles, games, problems, and exercises that make learning easy and entertaining
Check out the reviews about the book and find our much more by clicking on the link below:
Head First PMP: A Learner's Companion to Passing the Project Management Professional Exam
$47.33 in stock
24 used from $31.35
5. PMP Project Management Professional Practice Tests 1st Edition
After getting through with your studies for the PMP Certification, there is no better way to gain the confidence you need than familiarizing yourself with sample questions you will face. Kim Heldman together with Vanina Mangano understand that need and decided to put this resource together for your benefit.
This book provides practice questions covering all five performance domains. Five unique 160- question chapter tests, as well as one practice exam cover Initiating; Planning; Executing; Monitoring and Controlling; and Closing to help you pinpoint weak areas while there is still time to review. An additional 200-question practice test provides a bonus exam–1000 questions in all–, and a year of FREE access to the Sybex interactive online learning environment puts a test bank, practice questions, and more at your disposal.
By mimicking how the PMP exam is, this book is designed to test your knowledge, focus, and mental endurance to get you fully prepared for the big day.
After you have done all of your studies, you can check yourself using this wonderful resource and take away the following with you:
Test your project management knowledge with 1,000 challenging questions
Prepare using up-to-date material that accurately reflects the current exam
Access digital study tools including electronic flashcards and additional practice questions
More information about the book can be found by clicking on the link below:
PMP Project Management Professional Practice Tests
6 used from $25.43
6. PMP Project Management Professional Study Guide, Fifth Edition 5th Edition
Fully updated for the Sixth Edition of the PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), this Joseph Phillips’ Fifth Edition contains more than 900 accurate practice exam questions. Each chapter includes a list of objectives covered, a chapter review, key terms, a two-minute drill, and a self-test with detailed explanations for both the correct and incorrect answer choices.
Authored by a leading project management consultant and educator, get ready to face the intense PMP exam by going through this resource because it offers 100% coverage of all official objectives for the PMP exam.
Get more and take your copy today by clicking on the link below
PMP Project Management Professional Study Guide:
PMP Project Management Professional Study Guide, Fifth Edition
$43.54 in stock
21 used from $16.98
7. CAPM/PMP Project Management Certification All-In-One Exam Guide
Joseph Phillips, who is a leading project management consultant and trainer, offers complete coverage of all the material included on the Certified Associate in Project Management and Project Management Professional exams in this book. The copy is thoroughly revised and updated for the current PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK). You’ll find learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter, exam tips, practice exam questions, and in-depth explanations.
In summary, the following topics are covered
- Project integration management
- Managing the project scope
- Managing project time, costs, and quality
- Managing project human resources
- Managing project communications
- Managing project risks
- Project procurement management
- Managing project stakeholders
- Project management processes
Follow the link below to find out more and to also purchase yours:
CAPM/PMP Project Management Certification All-In-One Exam Guide, Fourth Edition
$51.42 in stock
15 used from $36.22
8. PMP Exam Study Guide: Belinda’s Program for Exam Success 6th Edition
Based on Belinda Goodrich’s comprehensive educational program for PMP exam preparation, the PMP Exam Study Guide is the only all-in-one program on the market that leverages the power of real-time feedback and robust analytics on the PMP exam. Using data captured from 1000s of students and instructors, Belinda provides an intuitive approach to learning the complex concepts of the PMP Exam, 6th Edition.
Using a straightforward and real-world approach, the 600-page PMP Exam Study Guide includes a deep-dive of the 49 PMBOK® Guide processes, vocabulary, and concepts to ensure maximum readiness for the exam.
Since 2008, Belinda has been guiding project managers to exam success through her innovative classroom programs. Her courseware is in use by training companies around the world. Using that formula for success, Belinda has now packaged that information up in this self-study book.
This study guide includes the following:
- Detailed information on all 49 processes
- Belinda’s exclusive exam hints
- In-text exercises to validate content comprehension
- Extensive vocabulary reviews
- Review questions for each chapter
- Four 75-question practice exams
- A full-length mock 200-question exam
- 90-day access to PM University online mock exams
For more about this Program for Exam Success, click on the link below and get blessed by the content.
PMP Exam Study Guide: Belinda's Program for Exam Success
7 used from $32.43
9. Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Exam Prep Paperback – March 1, 2018
With the highly competitive nature of the job market currently, finding that extra edge to be better than the crowd is quite essential. What is even more essential is finding the right resources you need once you decide to embark on Sohel’s book will get you those credentials in short order. His study guide is informative, covering exactly what you need to know, and organized in the perfect format for certification exam prep. His writing is clear and free of unnecessary bloviations that only clutter the studying process.
After fifteen years in the field, including six years teaching a PMP exam boot camp, the author now offers his simple, clear approach to successfully passing your PMP and CAPM certification exams.
The ultimate in exam prep is finally here. You cannot lose with Sohel’s Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Exam Prep.
Get your fresh copy below:
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Exam prep
$79.99 in stock
21 used from $43.64
Project Management Professional (PMP) is a tough exam to crack. A combination of enough motivation and the right materials will get you the crown that you desire at the moment. We hope you have gone through the resources above and you have settled on one or two. Other wonderful guides and articles are listed below for your enjoyment. Thank you for visiting and reading through.