Kubernetes has gained the reputation of being an efficient open-source platform which provides the user with аutоmаtеd dерlоуmеnt, ѕсаlіng, mоnіtоrіng аnd operations of аррlісаtіоn сlоud containers. It is a portable, extensible, open-source platform for managing containerized workloads and services, that facilitates both declarative configuration and automation. It has a large, rapidly growing ecosystem and this guide gives you the best resources you could use to learn and master it to advance your skills and to deploy your microservices.
1. The Kubernetes Book – By Nigel Poulton
The Kubernetes Book starts from the beginning and covers everything you need to know to be proficient with Kubernetes. It even includes two chapters dedicated to threat-modeling Kubernetes and real-world security.
- Kubernetes architecture
- How to build Kubernetes
- How to deploy and manage applications on Kubernetes
- How to secure Kubernetes
- The meaning of terms such as; cloud-native, microservices, desired state, containerized, and more…
Grab a copy of the book now:
The Kubernetes Book
$25.90 in stock
2. Kubernetes: Up and Running: Dive into the Future of Infrastructure
Kelsey Hightower, Brendan Burns, and Joe Beda—who’ve worked on Kubernetes at Google and beyond—explain how this system fits into the lifecycle of a distributed application. You’ll learn how to use tools and APIs to automate scalable distributed systems, whether it’s for online services, machine learning applications, or a cluster of Raspberry Pi computers.
- Create a simple cluster to learn how Kubernetes works
- Dive into the details of deploying an application using Kubernetes
- Learn specialized objects in Kubernetes, such as DaemonSets, jobs, ConfigMaps, and secrets
- Explore deployments that tie together the lifecycle of a complete application
- Get practical examples of how to develop and deploy real-world applications in Kubernetes
Get a copy now:
Kubernetes: Up and Running: Dive into the Future of Infrastructure
$41.14 in stock
8 used from $43.67
3.The Ultimate Guide to Learn and Master Kubernetes for Beginners and Advanced Users
This book goes deep into Kubernetes with lots of dummy easy to follow examples and illustrations to ensure that by the end of the book, you can start using Kubernetes without needing any extra help!
In the book you’ll learn:
- The basics of Kubernetes, including what it is, features of Kubernetes, concepts and design principles of Kubernetes, Kubernetes monitoring, what containerization is all about, how to run units in Kubernetes and much more
- How Kubernetes works, including what exactly it does, how it does it and how it can make your work easier and stress free as a user
- The lingo used in Kubernetes to ensure you understand everything like the experts
- Everything there is about Pods, Extensions, Client Libraries, Orchestration Containerization, Deployment and much more, with respect to Kubernetes
- How to automate your build process, autonomic computing as well as debugging and integration testing
- The ins and outs of Kubernetes cluster architects, including how to build and deploy Kubernetes clusters
- How to declare as well as add configuration with Kubernetes
- How to effectively add feedback to your code to enable Kubernetes to manage your services effectively
- How to perfectly define how your application fits together with the help of external and internal services
- How to leverage the power of scheduling in Kubernetes
- The ins and outs of the control plane in Kubernetes
- How you can monitor as well as measure your services with the help of integration testing coupled with in-production deployments
- How to manage and deploy applications on Kubernetes
- How to secure Kubernetes
- And much more!
Get a copy now from the link below.
Kubernetes: The Ultimate Guide to Learn and Master Kubernetes for Beginners and Advanced Users (November 2019 edition)
4. Kubernetes in Action
Written by Marko Luksa who is an engineer at Red Hat working on Kubernetes and OpenShift, it targets intermediate software developers with little or no familiarity with Docker or container orchestration systems. The book is a comprehensive guide to effectively developing and running applications in a Kubernetes environment. Before diving into Kubernetes, the book gives an overview of container technologies like Docker, including how to build containers, so that even readers who haven’t used these technologies before can get up and running. You’ll gradually expand your initial application, adding features and deepening your knowledge of Kubernetes architecture and operation. As you navigate this comprehensive guide, you’ll explore high-value topics like monitoring, tuning, and scaling.
In a nutshell, you will get the following in the book:
- Kubernetes’ internals
- Deploying containers across a cluster
- Securing clusters
- Updating applications with zero downtime
Kubernetes in Action
$40.00 in stock
12 used from $31.99
5. Introduction to DevOps with Kubernetes
A wonderful resource put together by Onur Yilmaz and Suleyman Akbas, Introduction to DevOps with Kubernetes will help you develop the skills you need to improve your DevOps with the power of Kubernetes. To have a sneak peek into the book, it begins with an overview of Kubernetes primitives and DevOps concepts. You’ll understand how Kubernetes can assist you with overcoming a wide range of real-world operation challenges. You will get to grips with creating and upgrading a cluster, and then learn how to deploy, update, and scale an application on Kubernetes. What is amazing about it is that it covers a wide range of topics including monitoring.
You will discover that as you advance through the chapters, you’ll be able to monitor an application by setting up a pod failure alert on Prometheus. The book will also guide you in configuring Alertmanager to send alerts to the Slack channel and trace down a problem on the application using kubectl commands. Get this book and gain the confidence you need to manage the lifecycle of simple to complex applications all on Kubernetes.
According to the author, the following are some of the skills you will learn and benefit:
- Create and manage Kubernetes clusters in on-premise systems and cloud
- Exercise various DevOps practices using Kubernetes
- Explore configuration, secret, and storage management, and exercise these on Kubernetes
- Perform different update techniques and apply them on Kubernetes
- Use the built-in scaling feature in Kubernetes to scale your applications up and down
- Use various troubleshooting techniques and have a monitoring system installed on Kubernetes
Get more details on the book at Amazon:
Introduction to DevOps with Kubernetes: Build scalable cloud-native applications using DevOps patterns created with Kubernetes
3 used from $47.68
6. The Complete Kubernetes Guide
As a developer or a system administrator with the urge to get to the deep end of Kubernetes and you would wish to master its advanced features, then this book is what you are looking for. Written by Jonathan Baier, Gigi Sayfan and Jesse White, this book will guide you through core Kubernetes constructs, such as pods, services, replica sets, replication controllers, and labels. You’ll get started by learning how to integrate your build pipeline and deployments in a Kubernetes cluster.
Sooner or later as you progress further, you’ll get up to speed with orchestrating updates behind the scenes, avoiding downtime on your cluster, and dealing with underlying cloud provider instability in your cluster.The authors added real world scenarios which will help you explore options for network configuration, and understand how to set up, operate, and troubleshoot various Kubernetes networking plugins.
You will learn the following from this resource:
- Download, install, and configure the Kubernetes code base
- Create and configure custom Kubernetes resources
- Use third-party resources in your automation workflows
- Deliver applications as standard packages
- Set up and access monitoring and logging for Kubernetes clusters
- Set up external access to applications running in the cluster
- Manage and scale Kubernetes with hosted platforms on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Run multiple clusters and manage them from a single control plane
Get more details on the book:
The Complete Kubernetes Guide: Become an expert in container management with the power of Kubernetes
7. Kubernetes: The Complete Guide To Master Kubernetes
Joseph D. Moore decided to write a book that would help anyone to learn everything they need to know about Kubernetes as an open source tool to manage their microservices. Designed for a beginner, this book is a long technical guide containing images and schemes and is perfect for a newcomer to the idea who wants an all in one guide.
The following are some of the good stuff you will take away with you after digesting the book:
- What Kubernetes is
- Concepts and design principles
- Kubernetes monitoring
- The best open-source tools for Kubernetes monitoring
- Configuration management
- Kubernetes Helm
- And much more
Get more details on the book at:
Kubernetes: The Complete Guide To Master Kubernetes (March 2019 Edition)
8. Managing Kubernetes: Operating Kubernetes Clusters in the Real World 1st Edition
Amazing authors Brendan Burns, co-founder of Kubernetes, and Craig Tracey, staff field engineer at Heptio, dissect how Kubernetes works internally and demonstrate ways to maintain, adjust, and improve the cluster to suit your particular use case. You’ll learn how to make architectural choices for designing a cluster, managing access control, monitoring and alerting, and upgrading Kubernetes. With this practical book, site reliability and DevOps engineers will learn how to build, operate, manage, and upgrade a Kubernetes cluster—whether it resides on cloud infrastructure or on-premises.
With the expertise and experience the authors have, the book will enable you to:
- Learn how your cluster operates, how developers use it to deploy applications, and how Kubernetes can facilitate a developer’s job
- Adjust, secure, and tune your cluster by understanding Kubernetes APIs and configuration options
- Detect cluster-level problems early and learn the steps necessary to respond and recover quickly
- Determine how and when to add libraries, tools, and platforms that build on, extend, or otherwise improve a Kubernetes cluster
Managing Kubernetes: Operating Kubernetes Clusters in the Real World
$37.53 in stock
8 used from $15.00
9. Microservices with Kubernetes: Non-Programmer’s Handbook
Whether you are a consultant, Advisor, Project Manager or a novice into IT industry; after going through this guide by Stephen Fleming, you would be able to appreciate DevOps, Microservices and other related concepts like Kanban, Scrum, Agile, SOA, Monolith Architecture, Docker, Kubernetes among others. This book covers the complete lifecycle for your understanding like: Integrating, Testing, Deploying and the Security concerns while deploying it. Made for the non-programmers, if you are new to the industry, and looking for an application development job, this book will help you to prepare with all the relevant information and understanding of the topic.
Microservices with Kubernetes: Non-Programmer’s Handbook
10. Kubernetes Handbook: Non-Programmer’s Guide To Deploy Applications With Kubernetes
Stephen Fleming, the author of this book, is a huge supporter of simplification. He wrote this book to explain the bunch of newly recruited Technology Consultants in any team that how actually the concept of Containerization and automating deployments is used and deployed. The book has been written in a simple, easy to comprehend language and can be used by Non-Programmers, Project Managers, Business Consultants or any other persons with an interest in Kubernetes. The following are covered in the book:
- The Background of Containerization? Why we needed this system in first place?
- How Kubernetes Operates? The Nuts and Bolts of the system.
- How it is deployed?
- Best Practices
Kubernetes Handbook: Non-Programmer's Guide to Deploy Applications with Kubernetes
11. Mastering Kubernetes
Compiled by Gigi Sayfan Mastering Kubernetes is for you if you are a system administrator or a developer who has an intermediate understanding of Kubernetes and wish to master its advanced features. You will get the intricacies of advanced management of Kubernetes clusters.
To start with, you will learn the fundamentals of both Kubernetes architecture and Kubernetes design in detail. You will discover how to run complex stateful microservices on Kubernetes including advanced features such as horizontal pod autoscaling, rolling updates, resource quotas, and persistent storage backend.
Using real-world use cases, you will explore the options for network configuration, and understand how to set up, operate, and troubleshoot various Kubernetes networking plugins. In addition to this, you will get to grips with custom resource development and utilization in automation and maintenance workflows.
To scale up your knowledge of Kubernetes, you will encounter some additional concepts based on the Kubernetes 1.10 release, such as Promethus, Role-based access control, API aggregation, and more.
You will learn the following at the end of your reading:
- Architecting a robust Kubernetes cluster for long-time operation
- Discovering the advantages of running Kubernetes on GCE, AWS, Azure, and bare metal
- Understand the identity model of Kubernetes, along with the options for cluster federation
- Monitoring and troubleshooting Kubernetes clusters and running a highly available Kubernetes
- Creating and configuring custom Kubernetes resources and using third-party resources in your automation workflows
- Enjoying the art of running complex stateful applications in your container environment
- Delivering applications as standard packages
Mastering Kubernetes: Master the art of container management by using the power of Kubernetes, 2nd Edition
9 used from $31.65
Microservices has taken the IT world by tornadoes. Whether you are a developer or a system administrator, there is no other way but to learn this new technology. Hold it by the horns by getting some of the resources above and your life will never be the same again.