Security is a niche in technology that has become very important in the day to day implementation of business applications. As transactions become more and more cashless, it means that more financial data has to pass through business systems and hence the need to ensure that customers’ information is kept as safe as possible. To prevent the kind of beastly breaches that cost organizations millions of dollars, skilled security professionals are a key component in most companies and organizations hence the need to certify your skills to standout. Consider Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) explained below.
ISACA’s Certified Information Systems Auditor(CISA) is world-renowned as the standard of achievement for those who audit, control, monitor and assess an organization’s information technology and business systems. Whether you are seeking a new career opportunity or striving to grow within your current organization, a CISA certification proves your expertise in these work-related domains:
- Information Systems Auditing Process
- Governance And Management of IT
- Information Systems Acquisition, Development AND Implementation
- Information Systems Operations And Business Resilience
- Protection of Information Assets
To kick start your career in this challenging but rewarding path, the books below will provide insight, direction, wisdom, exam preparation and a clear scope of what you will be involved in. Go through them and pick two or three that will be friendly to your study style and time.
1. CISA Certified Information Systems Auditor Study Guide 3rd Edition
Compliance, regulations, and best practices for IS auditing are updated twice a year, and this is the most up-to-date book available to prepare aspiring CISAs for the next exam. It is written by David L. Cannon who is the President and Founder of CertTest Training Center, a leading CISA training provider. He has more than 20 years of experience in IT training and consulting for IT operations, security, system administration, and management. Therefore, anyone seeking Certified Information Systems Auditor status will be fully prepared for the exam with the detailed information from an experienced author and approach found in this book. It offers the following:
- The most up-to-date coverage of standards that are updated twice a year as well as the proven Sybex approach that breaks down the content, tasks, and knowledge areas of the exam to cover every detail
- Full coverage of all exam objectives in a systematic approach, so you can be confident you’re getting the instruction you need for the exam
- Real-world scenarios that put what you’ve learned in the context of actual job roles
- Challenging review questions in each chapter—over 500 questions in all—to prepare you for exam day
- Exam Essentials, a key feature in each chapter that identifies critical areas you must become proficient in before taking the exam
- A handy tear card that maps every official exam objective to the corresponding chapter in the book, so you can track your exam prep objective by objective
- Covers the IS audit process, IT governance, systems and infrastructure life-cycle management, IT service delivery and support, protecting information assets, disaster recovery, and more.
You can easily have this resource in your library by clicking on the link below:
CISA Certified Information Systems Auditor Study Guide
$60.96 in stock
15 used from $19.06
2. CISA Certified Information Systems Auditor All-in-One Exam Guide, Fourth Edition
Peter H. Gregory, CISM, CISA, CISSP, CRISC, CCISO, CCSK, PCI-QSA, is a strategic security advisor to CISO’s, CSO’s, CIO’s, boardrooms, and other security, risk, and business executive. He put together this book that covers all five exam domains developed by ISACA®. You’ll find learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter, exam tips, practice exam questions, and in-depth explanations. Designed to help you pass the CISA exam with ease, this comprehensive guide also serves as an essential on-the-job reference for new and established IS auditors. The exam topics the book thoroughly covered include the following:
- IT governance and management
- Information systems audit process
- IT service delivery and infrastructure
- Information asset protection
Get all the experience and expertise you need from one who has been in the field for long. Click the following link and have yourself a copy before attempting the exam.
CISA Certified Information Systems Auditor All-in-One Exam Guide, Fourth Edition
3. CISA Review Manual, 27th Edition
This is a resource that IASCA themselves have produced to help all of those who would like to take on the CISA Certification. Revised according to the 2019 CISA Job Practice, CISA Review Manual by ISACA, 27th Edition is a comprehensive reference guide designed to help individuals prepare for the CISA exam and understand the roles and responsibilities of an information systems (IS) auditor.
What you will get from this resource
- Definitions of terms most commonly found on the exam
- Excellent stand-alone document for individual study, as a guide or reference for study groups and instructor-led training events.
- Organized to assist candidates in understanding essential concepts and studying the CISA 2019 Job Practice Areas
Grab this amazing manual by ISACA from the link below:
CISA Review Manual, 27th Edition
$97.38 in stock
8 used from $90.80
4. CISA Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual, 12th Edition
This is another resourceful book that covers much about the format of questions you should expect on the exam day. Designed to work hand in hand with CISA Certified Information Systems Auditor All-in-One Exam Guide above, CISA Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual, 12th Edition consists of 1,000 multiple-choice study questions and has been updated according to the newly revised 2019 Job Practice. Questions are presented by job practice domain as well as in a 150-question sample exam. Many questions have been revised or completely rewritten to be more representative of the CISA exam question format and/or to provide further clarity or explanation of the correct answer.
Find out more about this resource from the link below:
CISA Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual, 12th Edition
4 used from $149.00
5. CISA Exam Flashcard Study System: CISA Test Practice Questions & Review for the Certified Information Systems Auditor Exam
CISA Exam Flashcard Study System leverages on the benefits of flashcards to improve information retention as well as other benefits like active recall and spaced repetition. The use of active recall while studying or learning a new skill is one of the most important things you can do and flashcards helps it big time. This book’s flashcards enable you to study small, digestible bits of information that are easy to learn and give you exposure to the different question types and concepts.
It covers the following
- Compliance Audit
- Business Process Reengineering
- Project Procurement Management
- Program Evaluation Review
- International Standards Organization
- 2002 Sarbanes-Oxley Act among others
If you are a fan of Flashcards or you would wish to test if it will work for you, this is the best book to consider purchasing. It takes advantage of the benefits of Flashcards and is authored to make maximum use of it. Follow the link below to get what this resource offers.
6. CISA Exam Prep: Certified Information Systems Auditor
With more than 20 years experience in information security and risk, Michael Gregg, the author, holds two associate degrees, a bachelor’s degree, and a master’s degree. He shares his wealth of experience and skills that every aspiring CISA can benefit from. There is nothing more one who is starting out can need like a mentor who will take him or her through the ropes and shown them in and outs of a given craft. With 20 years on his belt, Michael Gregg can be of utmost assistance to many students out there.
You’ll Learn How To:
- Approach the IS audit process from ISACA’s view of IS auditing best practices
- Relate and apply information security and systems audit best practices to the six CISA job practice areas
- Understand the IS audit process and learn how to apply best practices to secure an organization’s assets
- Evaluate IT governance to ensure that the organization has the structure, policies, and mechanisms in place to provide sufficient IS controls
- Minimize risk within an IT/IS environment by using sound security techniques and practices
- Assess systems and infrastructure lifecycle practices to determine their effectiveness in meeting security requirements and meeting organizational objectives
- Gain a deeper understanding of the business continuity and disaster recovery process to help minimize risk
- Protect key informational assets by examining the security architecture and evaluating controls designed for the protection of confidentiality, availability, and integrity
- Streamline your exam preparations with our exam insights, tips, and study strategies.
CISA Exam Flashcard Study System: CISA Test Practice Questions & Review for the Certified Information Systems Auditor Exam
Being CISA Certified comes with its perks, first, it showcases your audit experience, skills and knowledge, and exhibits that you are capable to assess vulnerabilities, report on compliance and institute controls within the enterprise. These are invaluable to many organizations big or small which means you will be of value to them and hence more doors for your success. Make up your mind today and start getting ready for your certification and we wish you a gentle and successful path as you travel in it.
More books you might consider perusing: