When speaking about the areas of IT that has transformed over the years, I am pretty sure Web Development will not miss in the topics to be discussed. The reason I say this is because of the depth that the web has managed to plunge itself into the fields of commerce, entertainment, payments and many more.
It is no longer about a static site that presents some information but it has morphed being a very essential part of the human life. Talk of interacting with Public clouds (Azure, Google, AWS, Digital Ocean, Linode), online ecommerce sites (Amazon, Alibaba) all the way to fully fledged coding spaces for developers from a webpage. That is just a small surface of the much web development has been used to accomplish thus making it a skill worth learning. It is also worth penning that due to the need of style and aesthetics, designers are usually involved in the construction of modern sites in a bid to make them beautiful and to stand out. That being said the books below will provide the foundation that future legendary things will be built on top of by you.
Just keep in mind that continuous learning and knowledge review is a fundamental part of being a web developer. The web technologies and tools constantly evolve and improve, and web designers and developers have to keep abreast of them. For example, on November 26, the new version of PHP, the most widely used programming language, was released. And even those who already have some PHP/web development experience should study it to develop cutting-edge, high-performance PHP web applications with the newest PHP features.
Jon Duckett must have seen the frustration that web development learners face when they tossed their heads into the field and got themselves swamped with a myriad of jargon and paths to follow. He provides a two-book set for web designers and front-end developers that make it easier to follow along.
This two-book set combines the titles:
- HTML & CSS: Designing and Building Web Sites and
- A handy two-book set that uniquely combines related technologies
- Highly visual format and accessible language makes these books highly effective learning tools
- Perfect for beginning web designers and front-end developers
Have it all in your library from Amazon below
$29.99 in stock
18 used from $38.90
Web designers will learn how to use these technologies together and pick up valuable web programming practices along the way—including how to optimize websites for mobile devices. At the end of the book, you’ll put everything together to build a fully functional social networking site suitable for both desktop and mobile browsers.
- Explore MySQL, from database structure to complex queries
- Use the MySQLi extension, PHP’s improved MySQL interface
- Create dynamic PHP web pages that tailor themselves to the user
- Manage cookies and sessions and maintain a high level of security
- Use Ajax calls for background browser server communication
- Style your web pages by acquiring CSS2 and CSS3 skills
- Implement HTML5 features, including geolocation, audio, video, and the canvas element
- Reformat your websites into mobile web apps
Click on the link below to view more details about the resource and to also purchase your copy.
$36.40 in stock
9 used from $20.99
3. Murach’s PHP and MySQL (3rd Edition)
Co-authored by experienced develpoers Joel Murach, Ray Harris, and Anne Boehm (Editor), this 3rd Edition does a better-than-ever job of delivering the skills you need to develop database-driven websites using PHP and MySQL, the way today’s top web professionals do. Grasping PHP can be a little bit tricky but having resources like this that know that fact, it becomes way better to follow and understand.
Right from the start, you’ll learn to create applications that conform to the MVC pattern, so they’ll be easier to maintain as they grow. In addition, you’ll learn how to create applications that prevent SQL injection attacks and guard against XSS attacks.
As you proceed, you will be taken deeper into PHP by covering the skills you’ll use every day, like how to work with form data, dates, arrays, sessions, cookies, functions, objects, regular expressions, and exceptions. Likewise, next section dives into MySQL, teaching you how to design and create a database, as well as how to access and maintain database data from your PHP programs. Finally, you will learn important web programming skills like how to secure web pages, send email, upload files, and process images.
Note that complete sample applications and chapter exercises provide training support throughout. A great choice for any developer who wants to master PHP without a lot of frustration and unnecessary expense. Click below to get your book soonest.
Murach's PHP and MySQL (3rd Edition)
$37.01 in stock
13 used from $38.55
What you will learn
- The syntax of the language
- The most important concepts
- Programming terminology
- Basics of the object oriented programming
- Learn by doing exercises
Once you are comfortable with HTML & CSS, this full-color book by Jon Duckett will show you how to make your websites more interactive and your interfaces more interesting and intuitive. The author has HTML & CSS: Design and Build Websites book as well to cover the most fundamental part of web development.
What the book covers
- Basic programming concepts – assuming no prior knowledge of programming beyond an ability to create a web page using HTML & CSS
- How to recreate techniques you will have seen on other web sites such as sliders, content filters, form validation, updating content using Ajax, and much more (these examples demonstrate writing your own scripts from scratch and how the theory you have learned is put into practice).
More on this about pricing can be found below
$19.39 in stock
41 used from $7.59
As you build projects such as an artificial life simulation, a simple programming language, and a paint program, you’ll learn how to:
- Understand the essential elements of programming, including syntax, control, and data
- Organize and clarify your code with object-oriented and functional programming techniques
- Script the browser and make basic web applications
- Use the DOM effectively to interact with browsers
- Harness Node.js to build servers and utilities
$20.99 in stock
26 used from $15.94
Whether you’re a web designer who’s coming from a background in HTML and CSS or a server-side programmer who’s coded in languages like PHP, C#, Java, and Python, you can absolutely lean on this resource. Due to its unique, self-paced approach, this book works regardless of your experience. And when you’re through learning from it, this book will become the best quick reference that you’ve ever used.
Complete coding examples, practice exercises, and Murach’s distinctive paired-pages format (each topic is presented in a 2-page spread with text and illustrations) all combine to let you tailor the pace and content to your personal learning style.
Find out more about Murach’s resource in Amazon on the link below
$44.85 in stock
34 used from $13.78
8. HTML and CSS: Design and Build Websites
Duckett noted that every day, more and more people want to learn some HTML and CSS. It is an absolute beginner book and a good refrence for those who are acquainted. Joining the professional web designers and programmers are new audiences who need to know a little bit of code at work (update a content management system or e-commerce store) and those who want to make their personal blogs more attractive. Many books teaching HTML and CSS are dry and only written for those who want to become programmers, which is why this book takes an entirely new approach.
- Introduces HTML and CSS in a way that makes them accessible to everyone―hobbyists, students, and professionals―and it’s full-color throughout
- Utilizes information graphics and lifestyle photography to explain the topics in a simple way that is engaging
- Boasts a unique structure that allows you to progress through the chapters from beginning to end or just dip into topics of particular interest at your leisure
This educational book is one that you will enjoy picking up, reading, then referring back to. It will make you wish other technical topics were presented in such a simple, attractive and engaging way!
Start your HTML & CSS voyage by clicking on the link below:
HTML and CSS: Design and Build Websites
$15.29 in stock
81 used from $2.65
The author Jennifer Robbins targets those who want to build web pages but have no prior experience. The book id a friendly guide and serves as the perfect place to start. You’ll begin at square one, learning how the web and web pages work, and then steadily build from there. By the end of the book, you’ll have the skills to create a simple site with multicolumn pages that adapt for mobile devices.
Each chapter provides exercises to help you learn various techniques and short quizzes to make sure you understand key concepts.
This thoroughly revised edition is ideal for students and professionals of all backgrounds and skill levels. It is simple and clear enough for beginners, yet thorough enough to be a useful reference for experienced developers keeping their skills up to date.
What you will take away
- Build HTML pages with text, links, images, tables, and forms
- Use style sheets (CSS) for colors, backgrounds, formatting text, page layout, and even simple animation effects
- Create and optimize web images so they’ll download as quickly as possible
- New! Use CSS Flexbox and Grid for sophisticated and flexible page layout
- New! Learn the ins and outs of Responsive Web Design to make web pages look great on all devices
- New! Become familiar with the command line, Git, and other tools in the modern web developer’s toolkit
- New! Get to know the super-powers of SVG graphics
Visit Amazon to get this book by clicking on the link below
$37.30 in stock
43 used from $23.34
10. PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites: Visual QuickPro Guide
Larry Ullman presents an easy visual approach using demonstrations and real-world examples to guide you step by step through advanced techniques for dynamic Web development using PHP and MySQL. If you would wish to advance your server side skills using PHP and any SQL-based Database, then you should chek out for the content that Larry shares in this resource.
What you will find inside
- Concise steps and explanations let you get up and running in no time.
- Essential reference guide keeps you coming back again and again.
- Whether you’re new to programming or an experienced veteran just needing to get up to speed on PHP and MySQL, this book will teach you all you need to know, including the latest changes in the languages, and much more!
Find all the details you need by clicking on the link below:
PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites: Visual QuickPro Guide
$40.49 in stock
20 used from $18.28
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced programmer and would wish to jump into Web Development, the books described above will guide you in that path to success. Check out the ones that serve your needs and we hope you will succeed in your endeavor. Together with that, you can link up with a mentor, join online forums for learning, do a lot of hands-on stuff, and projects to cement your skills and to become the best. Listed below are other fantastic guides and articles that you might be interested in. Feel free to click your way through.